# sq ft
fees, taxes, and security deposit
- $1000 security deposit for all properties except Channel Islands Escape.
- Cleaning fees as follows:
- 1 bedroom $175
- 2 bedroom $250
- 3 bedroom $325
- 4 bedroom $375
- Lodging tax:
- County of Santa Barbara, Montecito, Summerland: 12%TOT plus $4.00/night TBID for rent on stays of 30 days or less
- Goleta: Stays of 30 days or less: 12% TOT plus 2% TBID due on rent and mandatory fees. 31 day stay or more is tax exempt
- City of Santa Barbara, stays of less than 30 days: 12% TOT on rent & all fees plus 2% TBID on room rent only
- City of Santa Barbara, pre-arranged stays 30 days or more are tax-exempt
- Carpinteria, stays 30 days or less: 12% TOT calculated on rental rate plus cleaning fee. Stays 31 days or more: tax-exempt
- Carpinteria, stays over 31 days: tax-exempt
- Ventura: 8%
- Oxnard: 10%
- San Diego: 10.5% TOT, 2% TMD
- Mammoth, stays 30 days or less: 13% TOT, 1% TBID on rental and all additional fees charged. Stays 31 days or more: tax-exempt
- Monthly guests are responsible for utility charges over $550.
- Housekeeping will be required every 2 weeks at the guestís expense.
- Note: Proof of renterís insurance will be required on properties that allow pets
Not pet friendly
All rates subject to change without notice
Utilities over $600 monthly will be billed to renter
Sleeps 8 :
3 Queen beds
1 Sofa bed (twin)
Amenities and Features:
Bedding and towels provided.
High-speed wireless internet.
Split Central Air Conditioning- Upstairs Only
Driveway and street parking available
Description/location of property:
True to its name, this best kept secret is located in the desirable quiet San Roque
neighborhood of Santa Barbara. A charming wide street lined with sparling jacaranda
trees in walking distance to golf, parks and a mountain that whisks you up endless trails.
The beach and downtown is a 5-minute drive.
Settled on a lovely property full of back yard secrets that entail a large, enchanting dining
BBQ area connected to two fireplaces, putting green and a jacuzzi.
While entering the yard the outdoor space features a large oak dining table,
conveniently placed just off the kitchen under hanging dimmable lights for fine dining
and lingering conversation.
The outside corner situated fireplace has black granite benches and a bar, grill and
refrigerator that are all positioned for easy entertaining. Further behind this space is a fire
pit nestled with Adirondack chairs under a large tree to enjoy watching the family play
golf on the putting green, a game of ping pong or soaking leisurely in the jacuzzi.
This inviting indoor and outdoor entertaining home provides warm sunshine through the
yard and through French doors that stream light into the main living spaces of the
kitchen, family room and patio.
The outside corner situated fireplace with black granite benches and a bar grill and
refrigerator are all positioned for easy entertaining. Further behind this space is a fire pit
nestled with Adirondack chairs under a large tree to enjoy watching the family play golf
on the putting green or soaking leisurely in the jacuzzi together.
The downstairs area of the Main house provides an abundant amount of room to relax
and hang out with opened French doors to the porch. The living room is decorated with
shutters in a bay window, a rustic bar, 4 swivel cozy chairs and a gas fireplace that looks
out onto a mountain view.
The dining room presents with a large table seating 10 or more comfortably with a
dimmable light and a sky light.
Upstairs has three more bedrooms, two additional full bathrooms, a laundry room, a desk,
office space, and a large upstairs patio off the master bedroom.
Both bedrooms contain comfortable queen beds, and the master bedroom has a king bed
with a sitting area in front of windows, a TV and fireplace which looks out over a
gorgeous mountain view.
The sunny master bedroom patio has a cozy love seat, umbrella and wisteria foliage for
privacy on the patio to enjoy the lovely mountain view.
Best Kept Secret is the ideal destination with many happy returns. It is centrally
located to many points of interest, only a few blocks to parks, hiking trails, golf,
restaurants, grocery stores, shopping and specialty shops, the beach and
downtown are only 5-10 minutes away.
Click on a photo to enlarge*:
*Note: These images will appear in a small window. If you have software designed to block pop-ups, you may not see the enlarged images. Please either temporarily allow pop-ups or add coastalhideaways.com to your list of approved sites. You can also try holding the ctrl button while you click.